A 'Heroic' Beginning

What have I been up to?

I've been working on a project for a few months and am happy to say it has finally reached a point where I'd like to invite others to see what I'm doing.

"What is it?" you ask?

Well...

After getting laid off last year, I was introduced to a concept referred to as "lifestyle design". The basic premise is that the 9 to 5 template that most of us live according to is but one of many options available to us. I'm not saying it is bad, just that it is one option instead of the ONLY option. As I have researched this concept quite passionately the past year, I've come to know a number of people actively living what I know refer to as "the dream". Having found real live specimens to observe, I have continued to expand my knowledge in different areas that I think would permit this type of lifestyle.

Through this, I've found that I have a love for marketing and sales as I have continually read books upon stacks of books regarding these topics. This has led to me trying to market myself as a freelancer in a number of different fields (marketing, social media, graphic design, technology). As opportunities to do freelance work have made themselves more available, I have found it to be very enjoyable and rewarding.

 

What do I want to DO with this knowledge and passion?

All of this got me thinking about the "so what?" question. So what if I have been learning all of this information? So what if I'm passionate about it? Well, the "so what" is that I'd love to help others who are also passionate about it.

No, I'm not looking to take your money, just your attention. :)

Even more rewarding than freelance has been when I have had a chance to work with someone and open their eyes up to different possibilities in their life. To sit down and coach people through their situation and show them how to present themselves to better achieve their dreams has been amazing! My thoughts quickly turned to thinking about how to do this for more and more people.

That's when I decided to create a site dedicated to sharing my knowledge and helping others. 

 

Now what?

Ok, first off, in NO WAY do I think I have "arrived". I'm on a journey just like everyone else. But on this journey, I have to think that I might be at a place that others wish they were at too. I'd love to save people the pain of having to learn first hand and be able to pass on what I'm learning and have learned. THAT is what my goal is. 

I believe we all have a say so in our destiny. I want mine to be memorable. Different. Heroic. And thus a phrase that has been in my head for a number of years has now officially been turned in to a URL. (That should sound much cooler...but I fear it may have been almost anti-climactic.)

Let's try again: And thus a phrase that has been in my head for a number of years has now officially become a point in the world wide interwebs where I plan to meet with people and help them to achieve THEIR dreams. 

Ok...I'll work on that wording. I'm still in "beta" mode right now, so I'm using that as a disclaimer.

Regardless, I'd like to invite any early adopters to come visit my new site:

HeroicDestiny.com

I'll be posting a few more initial articles this weekend and then "beta" will be no more. After that, I will be posting on a regular schedule.

I'd love to invite you to come poke around and give your opinion. Thanks in advance for visiting.

Posted via web from David Crandall

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete